Macro Photography One Day Workshops
“Spring Wildflowers in the Foothills”
June 9, 2019 – *$125*
Date: Saturday, June 9, 2019 – June 10 is the alternate weather day
Start/Finish: Willowrock Campground entrance in Bow Valley Provincial Park. The pin on the embedded google map shows where we’ll meet at Willowrock Campround. I’m available for questions about directions too. Just call me!
Cost: $125.00 + GST; ILPA members will receive a $25 refund on their tickets. Please contact Brian after registering to receive your $25 refund. Visit the ILPA website for ILPA membership details.
# of participants: Min. 2 – Max. 8
Transportation: Shared vehicles. Please arrive at the entrance to the Willowrock Campground at, or before 10:30am to allow time to read and sign the waivers before we start. The registration page has a google maps link to the location. After we sign the we’ll drive to the field locations where we’ll conduct the workshop. Bring a trail lunch and water to have while we’re out there. There is no treated water in the area where we’ll be photographing the flowers.
It’s no secret that the Spring wildflowers in the foothills are some of the most beautiful in the Rockies. Spend the day with me as I teach a field workshop on macro photography in one of the best Spring wildflower hot spots in the Rockies.
The Macro and Landscape Photography Day Tour:
Join me as I show you the colorful outdoor wildflower world at the Macro level! I’ll use my intimate knowledge of the area gained through my 20 years of professional landscape photography and recreation back country experience in these mountains to take you to the best locations for macro wildflower photography in the foothills. I’ll demonstrate my shooting technique first. Then everyone will spread out to photograph macro wildflowers subjects on their own. The Foothills are beautiful, and the wildflowers blooming at this time of year are amazing!
What to bring:
– Camera bodies
– large and small reflectors (42″ and a 12″ or 18″ diameter reflector) – essential
– macro lens
– an ultra wide zoom lens (for landscapes along the way)
– a mid range zoom lens
– a medium telephoto lens (70-200mm – 35mm equivalent)
– dedicated remote flash sync cord
– on camera dedicated flash
– lens mounted ring flash (optional)
– lens mounted dual macro flash (optional)
– fully charged and spare battery(ies)
– black umbrella to shade the subject, or for you in case it rains
– comfortable outdoor walking/hiking clothes
– a waterproof groundsheet to sit/lie down on when composing photographs (optional)
– folding camping stool (optional)
– small insulated and waterproof mat to kneel, sit on while you photograph your subjects
– polarizing filter
– lens hood
– tweezers (to clean away last year’s dead grass in the composition
– And,… a healthy dose of WOW for the beautiful flowers!
Bring a trail lunch and water with you and dress for he weather. We will be outside for the duration of the workshop.
Do you have any questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 1-403-763-1114.