Macro Photography One Day Workshops
“Spring Wildflowers in the Foothills”
June 9th or June 16, 2018 – Just * $125 *
Date: Saturday or Sunday, June 9, 10, 16, or 17, 2018 4 separate workshops, one on each day
Start/Finish: Willowrock Campground entrance in Bow Valley Provincial Park. The pin on the embedded google map shows where we’ll meet at Willowrock Campround. I’m available for questions about directions too. Just call me!
Cost: $125.00 + GST; ILPA members will receive a $25 refund on their tickets. Please contact Brian after registering to receive your $25 refund. Visit the ILPA website for ILPA membership details.
# of participants: Max. 8 on each tour
Transportation: Shared vehicles. Please arrive at the enterance to the Willowrock Campground at 10:45am to allow time to read and sign the waivers before we start. Then we’ll drive to the field locations where we’ll conduct the workshop. Bring a trail lunch and water to have while we’re out there. There is no treated water in the area where we’ll be photographing the flowers. We **may** visit two separate locations involving 8kms of driving between locations during the workshop if time allows.
It’s no secret that the Spring wildflowers in the foothills are among the most beautiful in the Rockies. Spend the day with multi award winning outdoor photographer Brian Merry as he teaches a field workshop on macro photography in one of the Spring wildflower hotspots in the Rockies.
The Macro and Landscape Photography Day Tour:
Join me as I show you the colourful outdoor wildflower world at the Macro level! I’ll use my intimate knowledge of the area gained through my 20 years of professional landscape photography and recreation backcountry experience in these mountains to take you to the best locations for macro wilflower photography in the foothills. The Foothills are beautiful and the wildflowers blooming at this time of year are amazing!
What to bring:
– Camera bodies
– large and small reflectors (42″ and a 12″ or 18″ diameter reflector) – essential
– macro lens
– an ultra wide zoom lens (for landscapes along the way)
– a mid range zoom lens
– a medium telephoto lens (70-200mm – 35mm equivalent)
– dedicated remote flash sync cord
– on camera dedicated flash
– lens mounted ring flash (optional)
– lens mounted dual macro flash (optional)
– fully charged and spare battery(ies)
– black umbrella to shade the subject, or for you in case it rains
– comfortable outdoor walking/hiking cloths
– a waterproof groundsheet to sit/lie down on when composing photographs (optional)
– folding camping stool (optional)
– polarizing filter
– lens hood
– tweezers (to clean away last year’s dead grass in the composition
– And,… a healthy dose of WOW for the beautiful flowers!
Bring a trail lunch and water with you and dress fort he weather. We will be outside for the duration of the workshop.
Do you have any questions? Email me at email@example.com or call me at 1-403-763-1114.