All workshops and tours are lead by Brian Merry, an accredited member of the Professional Photographers of Canada. Brian is an experienced certified professional instructor with a diverse teaching background. At Acadia University he worked as an assistant lab instructor all four years he attended Acadia University while earning his BSc. with honours in Biology. He later went on to become a certified associate instructor at Lakeland College in the fire fighter program for six years. He has organized and lead numerous photography workshops and tours in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks and in Japan.
Private landscape photography workshops and tours are available. The format of these tours are based on the Banff National Park day tour but can be customized including a day trip to Jasper and back. A return photography trip to Jasper is longer than the regular day trips but is offered at the regular full day rate. Private overnight trips are available and are particularly effective when the priority is Grizzly bear Photography in the Spring. He is very experienced in organizing large group and custom traveling adventures and can put a tour together a custom tour to highlight whatever you want too do. Just contact me to talk about the details.
Private Landscape and Wildlife Photography Workshops and Tours:
Half day tours (4 hours) are $400 based on two people + $150/additional
Full Day tours are (10 hours) are $650 based on two people + $225/additional
– lunch is included in the full day tours
Brian and the vehicles he uses are commercially licensed and insured for the mountain parks. For more information on private tours please visit here.
Seminars, Workshop and Tour Schedule for 2017-18
- Banff National Park landscape photography day tour on Sept. 17, 2017 5 Spots left on Aug. 12th
- The 7th Lake O’Hara Fall Colours tour, Sept. 21 & 22, 2017 Sold out!
- The 3rd Cape Breton Fall Colours Landscape Photography Tour on Oct. 13-15, 2017 4 spots left on Aug. 12th
- The 4th Cape Breton Fall Colours Landscape Photography Tour on Oct. 20-22, 2017 Sold Out!
- Night Sky and Geminid Meteor Photography workshop on Dec. 13, 2017 Just announced on Aug. 12th!
- Night Sky Photography workshop on Jan. 13, 2018 Just announced on Aug. 12th!
- and more to come in 2018
Past Workshops and Tours
- Alpine Wildflowers Macro Photography One Day Workshop
- Spring 2016 Banff Landscape Photography Workshop
- Many Banff multi-day and day tours in 2016 and 2017 respectively
- 2 landscape photography conferences in 2015 and 2016, The ILPA Banff Landscape Photography Summit
- Sept. 15-16, 2015 – the 5th annual fully catered, Lake O’Hara photography tour 94% sell out rate. This is a testament to that quality of this tour.
- Oct. 1, 2015 & 16 – The Cape Breton Island Fall Colours tours , NS 100% sold out in the past the past 2 years
- Numerous scheduled group Banff National Park Day tours between 2012-2017. I usually host one group landscape photography day tour a season in Banff National Park. Transportation and lunch are provided on these tours. 90% overall sell out rate!
- Spring 2012 Landscape photography workshop.
- September 2012 Banff Landscape Photography Workshop
- … and that doesn’t include the many dozens of private photography tours over the years