All workshops and tours are lead by Brian Merry, an accredited member of the Professional Photographers of Canada. Brian is an experienced certified professional instructor with a diverse teaching background. At Acadia University he worked as an assistant lab instructor all four years he attended Acadia University while earning his BSc. with honours in Biology. He later went on to become a certified associate instructor at Lakeland College in the fire fighter program for six years. He has organized and lead numerous photography workshops and tours in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks and in Japan.
Private landscape photography workshops and tours are available. The format of these tours are based on the Banff National Park day tour but can be customized including a day trip to Jasper and back. A return photography trip to Jasper is longer than the regular day trips but is offered at the regular full day rate. Private overnight trips are available and are particularly effective when the priority is Grizzly bear Photography in the Spring. He is very experienced in organizing large group and custom traveling adventures and can put a tour together a custom tour to highlight whatever you want too do. Just contact me to talk about the details.
Private Landscape and Wildlife Photography Workshops and Tours:
Sunrise/sunset photography tours (1.5 hours) are $200 based on two people + 100/additional
Half day landscape photography tours (4-5 hours) are $300 based on two people + $150/additional
Full Day landscape photography tours are (8-10 hours) are $500 based on two people + $225/additional
– lunch is included in the full day tours
Brian and the vehicles he uses are commercially licensed and insured for the mountain parks. For more information on private tours please visit here.
Seminars, Workshop and Tour Schedule for 2017-18
- Sept. 2017 – Myself, Kazue and a team of other industry professionals hosted our annual fully catered, Lake O’Hara photography tour. Lake O’Hara is one of the best places in the Rockies to photograph the famous alpine larches at treeline when their needles turn a brilliant yellow. The fall colours of the larches set high in the mountains at and above the tree line offer a WORLD CLASS landscape photography destination. For more details, and to registration, please visit the Lake O’Hara tour page for up to date information.
- Oct. 13-15, and Oct. 20-22, 2017 – Join me on the 2017 Cape Breton Island Fall Colours Landscape Photography tours where I’ll show you my beautiful hometown. Please follow this link for more info and to register for the Cape Breton Island Fall Colours and Whale Photography Tour. We’ll tour and photograph the colourful maple forests in the numerous colourful valleys and on the sub arctic plateau in and around Cape Breton Island National Park, Canada’s second oldest national park. We’ll top it off with an ocean cruise to photograph whales, seabirds and the mountains draped in red, orange and gold from the ocean (weather permitting). This will be a unique tour from a local’s perspective where I’ll show you the special little places I used to explore during my teenage years and into my mid twenties before moving across the country to Banff, Banff National Park. Expect to visit a series of locations that few self guided, or guided, tourist would be able to see in a trip of similar length. I’m going to show you the best of the best of Cape Breton Island.
- Nov 24-26, 2017 Landscape Photography Workshop with Dani LeFrancois.
- Night sky/astrophotography and Geminid Meteor shower workshop Dec. 13, 2017
Past Workshops and Tours
- Numerous Day tours between 2012-2015 in partnership with The Camera Store in Calgary. I usually host one landscape photography day tour a season in Banff National Park with The Camera Store. Transportation and lunch for this tour are provided. 90% sell out rate!
- Spring 2012 and Spring 2017 Landscape photography workshop. Together we hosted a weeklong workshop where we took guests all over the mountains presenting both classroom presentation and practical assignments and field sessions. The goal of my workshops is to help you become a better photographer with an emphasis on classroom presentations, assignments and learning. This is an excellent landscape photography learning workshop for photographers looking to move their craft up to the next level. Sold Out!
- September 2011-17, our annual multi-day, fully catered and guided landscape photography tour in beautiful Lake O’Hara. This is a the best place in the Rockies to photograph the spectacular fall colours of the alpine larches. 96% Sold out in all seven years!