All workshops and tours are lead by Brian Merry, an accredited member of the Professional Photographers of Canada. Brian is an experienced certified professional instructor with a diverse teaching background. At Acadia University he worked as an assistant lab instructor all four years he attended Acadia University while earning his BSc. with honours in Biology. He later went on to become a certified associate instructor at Lakeland College in the fire fighter program for six years. He has organized and lead numerous photography workshops and tours in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks and in Japan.
Private landscape photography workshops and tours are available. The format of these tours are based on the Banff National Park day tour but can be customized including a day trip to Jasper and back. A return photography trip to Jasper is longer than the regular day trips but is offered at the regular full day rate. Private overnight trips are available and are particularly effective when the priority is Grizzly bear Photography in the Spring. He is very experienced in organizing large group and custom traveling adventures and can put a tour together a custom tour to highlight whatever you want too do. Just contact me to talk about the details.
Private Landscape and Wildlife Photography Workshops and Tours:
Half day tours (4 hours) are $400 based on two people + $150/additional
Full Day tours are (10 hours) are $650 based on two people + $225/additional
– lunch is included in the full day tours
Brian and the vehicles he uses are commercially licensed and insured for the mountain parks. For more information on private tours please visit here.
Seminars, Workshop and Tour Schedule for 2015
- Sept. 15-16, 2015 – Join myself, Kazue and another professional photographer our 5th annual fully catered, Lake O’Hara photography tour offered through The Camera Store in Calgary, AB. This is the best place in the Rockies to photograph the famous alpine larches in their needles turn brilliant yellow. The fall colours of the larches set high in the mountains at and above the tree line offer a WORLD CLASS landscape photography distination. For more details, and to registration, please follow the link to The Camera Store’s event page. If you are interested in this tour please register early to avoid missing out. I suspect it will sell out for the fifth straight year.
- Oct. 16-18, 2015 – Join me in my hometown on Cape Breton Island, NS on where I’ll show you my beautiful hometown. Please follow this link for more info and to register for the fall colours of Cape Breton Island. We’ll tour and photograph the colourful maple forests in the numerous colourful valleys and on the sub arctic plateau in and around Cape Breton Island National Park, Canada’s second oldest national park. We’ll top if off with an ocean cruise to photograph seabirds and the mountains draped in red, orange and gold from the ocean. This will be a unique tour from a local’s perspective where I’ll show you the special little places I used to explore during my teenage years and into my twenties. Expect to visit a series of locations that few self guided tourist would be able to see in a trip of similar length. I’m going to show you the best of the best this area has to offer.
Past Workshops and Tours
- Numerous Day tours between 2012-2015 in partnership with The Camera Store in Calgary. I usually host one landscape photography day tour a season in Banff National Park with The Camera Store. Transportation and lunch for this tour is provided. 90% sell out rate!
- Spring 2012 Landscape photography workshop. Together we hosted a weeklong workshop where we took guests all over the mountains presenting both classroom presentation and practical assignments and field sessions. The goal of my workshops is to help you become a better photographer. This was an excellent learning week for photographers looking to move their craft up to the next level. Sold Out!
- September 2012-14, I co-host with The Camera Store, and lead an annual multi-day, fully catered and guided landscape photography tour in beautiful Lake O’Hara. This is a the best place in the Rockies to photograph the spectacular fall colours of the alpine larches. 94% Sold out in all four years!