Private Photography Tours
Call 403-763-1114 for details and reservations.
Private tour and lesson rates*:
Sunrise/Sunset session (2 hours) – $125 each based on two people minimum + $50/additional over 2 people
Half day session (4 hours) – $175 each based on two people minimum + $75/additional over 2 people
Full Day session (8-10 hours) – $300 each based on two people minimum + $100/additional over 2 people
– lunch is included in the full day tours
Private Photography Tours/Instruction
These 2 hour sunrise/sunset, half day and full day private photography tours follow landscape photography specific theme. The tours are vehicle based so minimal, or no hiking is required unless requested. Brian is certified with the Interpretive Guides’ Association and permitted to lead hiking/photography tours on established park trails.
I can customize a photography tour to specialize on a particular genera of outdoor photography that you’re interested in, or we can focus on macro, roadside wildlife, or the grand landscapes that the Canadian Rockies are famous for.
Wildlife Photography Ethics:
Wildlife is often encountered during our tours and we will photograph them briefly if you would like too. However, the welfare of the individual animals is the main concern when deciding on the amount of time we spend photographing them. Roadside wildlife may be photographed from inside vehicles only during the tour unless the wildlife is safe and ethical viewing distance away. I want you to get good photographs, but the well being of the individual animal we’re photographing needs to be preserved in the process. I believe that we can accomplish both on our tours.
Editorial note: All wildlife featured in the photographs on this website are wild, free ranging animals and none are photographed in captivity. They are all photographed in situ in their natural environment.
Commercial tour vans and cars used on the tours are licensed and insured to be legally operated on commercial tours in the National Parks.
* Tour cancellation policy:
– When originally booking with Brian Merry Photography, customers are required to pay a retainer. The retainer for all private tours is $250+GST=$262.50. The retainer is used to remove your time slot from my inventory for private tours and block it off for your tour. The retainer is not returnable once received since this time is yours immediately upon you booking and then receiving the retainer.
– The remaining balance for the half or full day tour price is for the actual tour service. If the customer cancels the tour with greater than 14 days before the start of the tour, then 100% of the tour service fee will be refunded ($100+GST for half day tours and $350+GST for full day tours) but the retainer is not returned due to the work already delivered which is outlined above.
– If the customer cancels between 30 days and 14 days before the tour service then 50% of the tour service fee will be refunded ($50 for a half day tour and $175 for a full day tour). The retainer is not returned.
– If the customer cancels between 14 days and 24 hours before the tour service then 25% of the tour service fee will be refunded ($25 for a half day tour and $75 for a full day tour). The retainer is not returned.
– If the customer cancels with less than 24 hours notice than the entire tour service fee, and the retainer are not returned.